5.23.2006

Pocket Coffee

When I was a little kid, my parents would give me cafe-au-lait, milk with a splash of coffee. I never liked it. It was bitter. Even with sugar, I preferred Coke. My parents would serve Coke cold without ice about 1/3 a tall glass full. That used to drive me batty. Why not fill up the cup? As an adult, I have grown addicted to coffee. It wasn't college that did it to me, like so many others, it was Italy. When I lived in Florence I grew addicted to coffee and the lifestyle that went with it. The cafes, cobblestone streets, gelato, the Uffizi, David, Fiezole. I was also addicted to Pocket Coffee. I ate so many that I couldn't sleep at night. I had to ration them.

So imagine my intense joy when I read David Lebovitz's blog with a haiku about Pocket Coffee and a link to a supplier. One of the commenters noted that there is an eBay store that sells them cheaper. The eBay store is something like The Store of German Food. Huh??

So, of course, I had to google Ferrero, the maker to see who they are. Yup, Italian, started in Alba, Italy. Now it appears they have an american subsidiary, Ferrero USA. Wow, they make Tic Tacs and those Ferrerro Rocha chocolates everyone loves that have never impressed me. It also looks like they haven't got the Italian maker online yet. Well, I've ordered a box of 32, which I think comes with an extra box. I'll let you know if I get any sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home